helenae X Jolly Green Gem

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
A favorite of mine. Not wanting to be left behind, I tried some different backgrounds this go-a-round. I might have to stick with the black!LOL

Here under exposed
P1080177.jpg

More light
P1080186.jpg

P1080187.jpg

I even tried white! It looks to of come out bluish
P1080181.jpg

Whole plant for Eric
P1080178.jpg

Those are a pair of cuties! And I like the white-ish background. Makes the green pop a bit.

That is a great hybrid. I'm loving these heleane-complex hybrids. As for the photos I'll go with th third followed by the white background. :)

Clearly I need PhotoShop! I'll have to read up on my camera in regards to white balance. That's something that I've not paid any attention to but with this new topic on back drops I clearly need to.

Nice plant and photos Rick. I've started to play with light levels on my camera but I'm far from an expert. I think your second photo with more light on the darker background looks good but does this background give a better realistic colour of the flowers or would a lighter one be best? Possibly some of the experts out there could give us some pointers to experiment with.

Gary
UK

Beautiful! I too like these helenae crosses we're seeing.

...Don't you guys go and get all good at photographing on me! I'll never keep up!!!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Someone on another post mentioned they liked photos with the blurred out greenry in the back, I thought I'd give it a shot on a very nice day. The first and the fifth PICs have the same background.

Latest posts

Back