Haraella retrocalla

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlantis

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I´d like to share with you all this beautiful species.

I bought this plant in early December in bloom. This is the last flower this year. Now I have to make it flower again next season. Wish me luck!!

Hope you like it.

12209159663_cfa1984444_c.jpg

Haraella retrocalla

Nice bloom. Mine just finished. I've killed a couple of these in pots -- I'm trying it grown mounted, and so far, so good.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Very nice plant and photo. What does the fragrance smells like?
I´d say it smells like lemon peel.

Like it a bunch! Have to get one of these.
I´ve been looking for this beauty for years until I´ve found it in person. It´s one of my favourite miniature-orchids.

Nice bloom. Mine just finished. I've killed a couple of these in pots -- I'm trying it grown mounted, and so far, so good.
I killed a couple also. Going to have to get bigger plants. Thanks for sharing, I love these fragrant beauties!
I´ve heard that many people have killed this plant although it is suposed to be an easy plant to keep, grow and bloom. I trust in personal experiences a lot and it seems that this species grows much better when mounted. I´m waiting for warmer temperatures (April-May) to take it out of the pot and put it in a cork. I hope it works.

Very nice!!!!
I am unlucky with this species!
It needs a lot of water at warmer temps (30-40oC), but also might rot due to that.. although i do not know if it is the high temprature or the frequent watering that does not allow the substrate to dry out.
I have tried it both potted (bark) and mounted and failed (especially on the mounted, as it dried out very fast...),
but this year I will try it potted in lecca (with some bark chunks added perhaps) with everyday misting (4 times per day), so that the substrate dries out nicely between days, to avoid rotting...
For the time being it sits in a pot and gets watered ever 1-2 weeks, as the plant arrived with 1 good root mounted on a cork piece.
Good luck with yours!!!

Latest posts

Back