Happy New Year Paphs.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The first one is Paph Beuna Bay which is (Yerba Buena x Saint Ouen's Bay). I bought this about 4 or 5 years ago and almost lost it. It has a single growth with a 10.5 inch leaf span and a small start. The spike is about 6 inches tall and the flower has a natural spread of 12 c.m.

170PaphBeunaBay.jpg

Next is Paph Fanaticum which is a primary cross using malipoense x micranthum. This one came from Sherwood Orchids when they were in business. It is a second time bloomer on 6 inch leaf span growth. The spike is 14 inches tall. I think this one is well proportioned and of fairly good quality. It has a 9 c.m. natural spread.

104PaphFanaticum.jpg

Last but not least is a Paph Wossner Vietnam Love. That would be vietnamense x micranthum. It is a single growth plant with a leaf span of 11 inches. The flower spike in only 4 inches tall. The natural spread on the flower is 10.5 c.m. This is the first one of this cross to bloom for me.

107SquarePaphWossnerVietmanLove.jpg

Very nice way to start the year off! Congrats on the nice blooms!

Rick, yes I do treat them all the same culture wise. Remember I grow in a green house and just water them with a hose.
Oh that's a big help Bob, NOT! Maybe I better rephase my question. How many Fanaticums/ WV Love(hehe) do you have and how many have you been able to bloom? Can you contribute any culture techniques to your success?

Rick I'm truley not sure as to how many of the Fanaticums, WV Love that I own. I believe that last Jan. when I received my order there were suppose to be 3 WV Love. However there was a mix up and the plants came unlabeled. I know what I order and am sure that is what I got, only problem is I need to bloom them all out to find out which one is which cross. On the other hand I have maybe 4 or 5 Fanaticums, of which I've only bloomed two. The others were bought as seedling from Orchid Inn and hope to see them bloom within the next year.

I keep the greenhouse at 68 degrees during the day and 60 at night. I don't do anything special to any of my plants. They must all live together happily on one watering schedule or go to orchid heaven. Some of the paphs. would like it cooler at night but my vandas would hate it. And oh, do I love my big space hog vandas. One of the few paphs. I truley have trouble with is micranthium and Fumis Delight. Furmis Delight I can flower and then they seem to just sit there and lose ground. Last year I bought a few additional ones and hope I can do better with them. Then there is the micranthiums that I have a hard time blooming. I bought 3 or 4 seedling of micranthium from Sherwood Forest when they were going out of business. They don't look any bigger or smaller today then when I received them at least two years ago. The only micranthium that holds promise is one I bought in bud from Sam at Orchid Inn. The main growth is sending out some nice additional growths.

Hope I answered your question.

Wow, Bob! Your blooms are awesome! Thanks for the photos! :D It's good to see that your temperatures are similar to mine. I was afraid that mine were too cold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back