Happy New Year, Everyone!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrismende

Reaction score
I'm dipping in again: sorry to be so seldom heard! I've been too preoccupied lately by other life matters (work? trying to sort out how my flat will accommodate 250 plus orchids and the paraphernalia? holidays? nah! none of that...). I do want you to know that I frequently come to the site and read for a bit before going sleepily to bed.
I also still haven't posted any photos, but that will come soon, as I always promise.
I'm going to the Paph guild in a couple weeks and am really excited to meet many of you there!
Till then, I'll ;)keep up the bud watch, keep up the restraint with the watering, keep up the letting the resting plants rest! (those are my focus right now, since I'm relatively new at this)

Glad to hear from you! Happy New Year! I'm sure you can get some help from a couple of forum members here as how to put 250 or more into an apartment!

Welcome from NYC, your post is confusing about subject. Elfa and other companies make rolling wire mesh shelving units. Combine those w/ plastic trays if you have enough light. Otherwise, stationary shelving can be built w/ artificial lights onder the shelves. Plus, there are clip on fans you can add for ventilation.

thanks, all! I do have two big setups with lights, but the plants keep on spilling over and they have a habit of growing, too! (you'll have to get used to my dry humor) Pretty soon I'll have to have a dedicated greenhouse room! The whole flat is pretty much at 60 to 70% humidity now... That can't be good over the long haul.

Back