Hanging space problem solved

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
A few hours work and the problem is solved....It actually created another problem. I now have more hanging space than plants to fill it.

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

Do you water your Vandas more often than the other plants? If so, does the excess water coming off the Vandas create an problem for the plants below them?

BTW, I love the color of the bright orange Vanda in the pictures. Can you tell us the name?

Hi Ross. Yes, I spray the Vandas every day except if its very cold, then every second day. Now the hot weather is here, I mist spray them atleast twice a day. Having hung all the larger plants I can remove the plants left on the bench to another location. I will put plants back there that can tolerate the extra water. No use having all that wasted space is it. First Photo, the Bright Orange is Ascda Yip Sum Wah 'Virot', just behind it is Ascda Dong Tarn 'Robert', hidden down the end is V. Robert's Delight & the small pink to the lower left is Papilionanthe vandarum. 3rd pic on right is Aer. quinquevulnera v Purpureum. There is a post with some of these in close up. of the

Roy, nice collections! Are those the ones you acquired recently? Or your entire collections in 3 differenet shots? Nontheless, looking good.

Roy, nice collections! Are those the ones you acquired recently? Or your entire collections in 3 differenet shots? Nontheless, looking good.

All inclusive Naoki of new and had flowering size plants. Shots taken from 3 different angles. There are twice as many in smaller sizes on the R/H bench.

Oh! Only in the top phtoto does it show that the plants are over the aisle space. In the others they look to be over the plants on the benches. :)
What Phrags do you have that wont flower?

Eric, 2 different Grandes, lindenii, longifolium, Calurum, Silver Eagle, caudatum and of all things, Schroderae. Plants are very strong & healthy with huge newish leads ( should have spiked ). They get plenty of light, water & food.

Eric, 2 different Grandes, lindenii, longifolium, Calurum, Silver Eagle, caudatum and of all things, Schroderae. Plants are very strong & healthy with huge newish leads ( should have spiked ). They get plenty of light, water & food.

Maybe you are treating them too well -- try cutting back on the food a bit.

Latest posts

Back