Had MAJOR ISSUES with product

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course a grower can never be wrong, right? Having grown up in a retail store I have seen it all, but in this case, I followed the directions, my water was spot on, the pressure was correct and the time of day was appropriate. That leaves only a few things: underlying issues with the plants, bad valve or simply a bad bottle of material. I understand that the company will back their product and defend it but there just seems to be something else going on. And then to suggest that I purchase other products from them to me seems like a slap in the face.

All in all I am out some really nice plants and have plants that will take years to recover. The most damage was sustained by Phrags so maybe by unfortunate expensive disaster can be added to the list of plants that cant handle this crap.

Again, BioSafe lost a customer and I will never be recommending their products ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course a grower can never be wrong, right? Having grown up in a retail store I have seen it all, but in this case, I followed the directions, my water was spot on, the pressure was correct and the time of day was appropriate. That leaves only a few things: underlying issues with the plants, bad valve or simply a bad bottle of material. I understand that the company will back their product and defend it but there just seems to be something else going on. And then to suggest that I purchase other products from them to me seems like a slap in the face.

All in all I am out some really nice plants and have plants that will take years to recover. The most damage was sustained by Phrags so maybe by unfortunate expensive disaster can be added to the list of plants that cant handle this crap.

Again, BioSafe lost a customer and I will never be recommending their products ever.

I have used H2O2 at 3% poured directly to the leaves and drench the media. There was a lot of fizzling but leaves were not burned just like that. But when there are open wounds from mites or mechanical damage, that area get burned but only on the older leaves. The bottle says 5% of H2O2, I wonder what your final dilution is.

c0059bf87e0a4d1b7b8255ca8df60152.jpg
Taken 24 hours after application

No fizzing but tons of damage.

09124d54e32b789372141aab8ffcacf0.jpg
Now! Its dead. A gorgeous JF that had a huge spike with branches.

These plants were flawless, maybe a touch of mealy on a couple Paphs but they were not effected aside from a niveum.
eec271fad64369aa644a0a41165d8430.jpg
It has now lost all its leaves as well.

I will guarantee that the valve was not working properly. Never again!

Tyler

Pushing you to buy more product from them in their unsatisfactory reply about the damage their product has done, is unconscionable. Tyler, if you are certain that the issue is a problem with their product or the valve on their equipment, send them an invoice for damages. Let them know you are a squeeky wheel that will not stop until you are satisfied with their response. If they ignore you, or continue to refuse to accept any responsibility, tell them that you will begin searching for others who've had the same issue and file a class-action lawsuit. It's clear (from the fact that they pushed you to buy more of their product, in the same breath in which they dismissed your claim), that they're not taking you seriously, or respecting you. You should also begin communicating with the CEO of the company, not some front-line customer service/damage control employee. Good luck!

Last edited:
So sorry for you - those photos hurt. It is very hard to learn this way that a product is not safe.

Back