Habenaria regnieri

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
.. In bud! I bought this from Floradise Orchids in South-Central Virginia when I was helping out at the leased greenhouse this spring. There were a lot of plants there I wanted to buy, but kept it to two plants

Aargh, just tried to post pic with tapatalk and phone, but my version too old, have to upgrade iOS and app :p (which I don't want to do)
Will take pic later and upload from computer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
hab1114a.JPG

hab1114b.JPG

showing the nice spots on the leaves

I got it from floradise in virginia, not sure if they have more, but I can try and pollinate it

decided to try and take a practice bud pic with my phone. it's not the greatest; dark backgrounds cause washing out of buds, went with a white one so that light balance would work. newer phone probably would look and work better (or I could just use my real camera ;) )

habbudpractice1114.JPG

oh; though I entered 'habenaria regnieri' as the subject, the real way to display this name is Habenaria Regnieri, as it is a hybrid. The name looks like a species name and when I don't use caps with my typing it can cause confusion (just fyi). Not sure if I knew that it was a hybrid when I bought it, think I did but didn't care as it should be easier to grow and multiply and the flowers would be nice whether a species or not :)

Last edited:
habreg1114a.JPG

nectaries look orange; I thought Regnieri would be pink-ish

habreg1114b.JPG

I think the bubbles inside are either air trapped in nectar, or drops of nectar in the tube

Last edited:
LOL! Charles does not need to work on his Photo skills. You need to look into some of his photos of native orchid. He needs to stop rushing and using his phone camera on subjects against bad backgrounds!!

:) well, you're both right. I need to learn the extents and limitations of older iPhone cameras and I need to stop rushing and set up properly
Plus, every photographer has things to learn, even if it's not technical and I have lots to learn still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back