Guess the Primary

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Drorchid

Here is a picture of a primary that opened up for us this week. I had never seen this one before, I looked it up and could not find a picture of it on the web either. It has been registered.

Can you guess the parents? One of course is very obvious; the second is a little harder to guess:

Primary.jpg

whole plant:

Primary2.jpg

Robert

It is Paph. Wossner Concomal. concolor x malipoense. I don't know if I care too much about this hybrid; that is probably why I can't find it on the internet. To me it looks like a bad Ma Belle. I think the flower is too small, and don't think it is an improvement over either parent. The only thing I like is the short but yet straight stem (Ma Belle's can be kind of floppy). The color is kind of a yellow green.

Robert

It is Paph. Wossner Concomal. concolor x malipoense. I don't know if I care too much about this hybrid; that is probably why I can't find it on the internet. To me it looks like a bad Ma Belle. I think the flower is too small, and don't think it is an improvement over either parent. The only thing I like is the short but yet straight stem (Ma Belle's can be kind of floppy). The color is kind of a yellow green.

Robert

I don't know...I kind of like it. If you don't, though, feel free to send it my way! How long did it take to flower (initiation of spike to flower)? Intermediate temps or a bit on the cool side?

Latest posts

Back