Guess the primary hybrid

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paph Minisink (concolor x randsii)

Okay... I'm gonna say concolor x randsii.

Well done Joe. Third time lucky. :poke:

Paph Minisink (concolor x randsii).

Also a special acknowledgement to Nikv who selected randsii straight off the bat. Good effort.

Harold Koopowitz states in his recent book that only 10 grexes with randsii as a parent have been registered. The only hybrid he mentions is Paph Minisink which he says is a nice small hybrid which yields flowers approaching apricot in colour, one of the rarest colours in slipper orchids. I'm not sure mine is really that colour. The pouch is I guess.

I'm not completely overwhelmed with it although I expect it will improve greatly with future flowerings. It certainly has room for improvement. It was given to me without a single root on it so I had to nurse it back to health. It has a very good root system on it now. One thing it has going for it is the flower count. Including the initial flower I removed, it had 4 flowers on a spike from a very tiny single growth. On a mature plant I may be able to get 7 or so flowers on a spike. Randsii does give you good flower counts.

David

Last edited:
:clap::clap: Well done David! :drool:
Considering it's history with you, you gotta give it another try!

Awesome! I never even thought of P. randsii at first because it's so obscure. But you did say it was rare!

It's a very pretty flower with a lot of potential. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Back