guess the bud

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really nice buds and dark! What do you grow it in (mix)?

it's in fine bark mix (small fir bark with small charcoal and small perlite); however there is also probably 30% moss inside the mix as well. For me anitum and adductum require constantly wet roots.

thanks Justin! :)

Now I think my plant is about the same size (35cm wide) and just potted in a 15cm (6") pot, so I hope it blooms that spring!! :drool:

i hope so too! i have some adductums from flask that have finally started to reach maturity with small second growths after 9 years (!) so i am hoping they will start flowering in spring of 2016 :)

That is almost black. Not much color left in the dorsal. Perfect. I would really be torn between doing the selfing and crossing it with roth MM. With a dorsal like that it would be a great Johanna Burkhart. But anitum is so rare I would really want to do a selfing too. Count me in for seedling of whatever you decide to do, PLEASE!

That is almost black. Not much color left in the dorsal. Perfect. I would really be torn between doing the selfing and crossing it with roth MM. With a dorsal like that it would be a great Johanna Burkhart. But anitum is so rare I would really want to do a selfing too. Count me in for seedling of whatever you decide to do, PLEASE!

definitely selfing.

Wow! What a beauty! I love the petal width and the contrasting sepals, so dark! Man that is special. Put me on the list...

Back