Grow log

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to Lowes and Home Depot last night, but could not find any plastic hardware cloth. I guess I'll look online. Any suggestions? I thought about going to Michaels and using the latch-hook plastic sheets.
Lowes and HD have a rack with these different type of fencing on it, usually outdoors but under a roof here in NY. I have purchased things from my local Ace Hardware...I could have purchased it there as well. If you have Agways in your area, that may be another choice. Why don't you let your fingers do the walking through the yellow pages :D

Other thing you could use are plastic gutter guard from any home store. I got plastic hardware cloth from a Lowe's, it was outside; I just asked a service person (in december no less) where they had it, it was stored outside, they just pointed the way and opened the door for me.

I remember someone else telling me a few years back about how someone was making a wet grow log of sorts from blocks of floral foam covered by sphagnum, to grow phrag besseae mounted. I think I'll ask about this in another thread

I haver a couple of mounts made out of Oasis ( water absorbent floral foam) but not for a Phrag. besseae

gutter guard comes in long lengths but is cut to a narrow width

Latest posts

Back