Originally posted by Ray:
[QB] This was discussed at the GNYOS meeting last night. Let me see if I can recall a few bullet points clearly.
Personally, I'll "wait and see" what happens. Putting on such an event is a tremendous amount of work, and there are lots of interests to attend to, so rushing to do a replacement would be a big mistake.
- Rock was simply too cramped - attributed to the erection of a small tent, rather than large.
- Apparently the level of dissatisfaction was declining for several years - on both sides. The Center is apparently looking to do fewer such events, and the Society has felt the interest waning. David Horak did point out the tremendous (financial) support the center has provided over the years.
- The Spring 2008 show is definitely canceled.
- They will not have another show before Fall. That is not to say that it will be in the Fall, just not before.
- They have several potential venues in mind, and while they wisely would not share them so prematurely, the officers of the society seemed excited about the potential.
On the subject of the "dying hobby", I'll start a new thread. [/QB]