GLOS Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See you tomorrow morning!

Great!

The show looks really good: Lots of excellent plants and the displays seem better than usual. But maybe that's just orchid craze in my eyes. I only had time to photograph the GLOS display.

We didn't quite have the display "dressed up" when I took the photos, but light was dimming (late in the day) and supper was calling. A little more mossing and mulching were done, and a few more foliage plants placed. But the basic idea is here.

I did a little shopping, too. My greenhouse is filling up fast!

Display-East.jpg

Display-West.jpg

When I was gathering my own plants for the display, I noticed there were a lot of plants the were either red, white or blue, so I decided to set up my own little display:

PatrioticDisplay.jpg

Very cool display Dot :clap:, I also like that Teddy!!!!

Is that pure catt interm. on the right side of the second pic ? :drool: P
Jean

Very cool display Dot :clap:, I also like that Teddy!!!!

Is that pure catt interm. on the right side of the second pic ? :drool: P
Jean

nice displays. your show is held in a greenhouse?

Thanks, Jean & Charles.

Jean, yes -- a very nicely grown C. intermedia. Not mine, darn!

Charles -- it's in the Michigan State U. conservatory, almost like a greenhouse. It's a great place for a show because of the light.

I wanted to be there but was unable to come. :( I hope it was a great success!!! Is that Alex I see sitting in the background? :)

I wanted to be there but was unable to come. :( I hope it was a great success!!! Is that Alex I see sitting in the background? :)
It was a good show. I was amazed at how fast time went by! Yes -- that's Alex and Rob working on their displays.

Nice displays, thanx. What did you buy? :D
Too much, probably! I'll be posting pictures of the ones in bloom soon. Not in bloom are a tiny Den. victoria-reginae, a back-piece of Alex's Den. moniliforme, & a Vandopsis parishii v. Mariottiana.

Back