Gesneriads

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would take up way too much room to grow Episcias in bulb pans so they could spread out. I am trying to root some of the runners back into the pot so I can get a pretty nice display from each one.

Episcias grow like weeds in Malaysia... if you don't want them to take up too much room, I suggest planting them in a hanging plastic basket with coconut husk or some fibrous medium... My aunt grows pretty impressive specimens of these and the runners grow in all directions... :)

Gesneriad Forum

This is great thanks for posting the pictures! I have been getting into gesneriads of the past year or so and really have a growing interest in them, but don't know much at all. I couldn't really find any good forums like this and I see that there was other interest so just went and made one. :)

Gesneriad Forum

Its wide open, no banners, no ads, no garbage, just gesnerids. If anyone with some expertise or the time wants to moderate it let me know.

I added a trading area as well as a free vendor area (I Like what Slippertalk has going here) so maybe we can get some input from growers, or professional hobbyists :D

Let me know what I need to add to, remove, or what I can do to improve the place. I'll work on it as I have time.

Have fum and really hope to see some interest.

Kind regards, Jesse

Please let me know if this post was inappropriate. There is no commercial value to the forum so I thought it would be ok.

Gesneriad photos

If any of you have some photos of their gesneriads they wouldn't care to share and allow me to use on the forum as examples of some of the genus, I would be most gracious. I will of course add a citation with your name or whatever you would like the photo reference to say.

Thanks in advance! I just don't have the collection yet to add photos of anything but an African Violet :D

Kind regards,
Jesse

Latest posts

Back