Gday from Queensland

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulS

Replated Protocorm
Reaction score
I have been lurking for a while, and decided to join cos some of the discussions I read were too interesting to not become a part of.

I recently moved to Aussie from New Zealand (where I knew Finrod), and had to leave my collection behind (he bought my little MM x Rex). Now that I am sort of settled for a while I have decided to start collecting again. I haven't had much to do with orchids for over a year so I'm a bit rusty.

My windowsill is home to Lynleigh & Harold Koopowitz, malipoense, Susan Booth and Glaucopar. I feel like a kid in a sweet shop here in Aus compared to NZ, where the supply of good crosses and new species is pretty well non-existent. I can't decide whether or not to control myself!

Welcome Paul.

I feel like a kid in a sweet shop here in Aus compared to NZ, where the supply of good crosses and new species is pretty well non-existent. I can't decide whether or not to control myself!

Funny. I'm pretty frustrated as to what is available here compared to that overseas. And we have to pay 10 times as much.

David

WELCOME Paul! Glad you joined us! We're a great bunch of enablers so don't look to us to help exercise your self control!
... and don't want to start buying much until I feel I can grow it well.
Don't know unless you try!

Here's a piece of advice:
Don't even try to control yourself, (it never works anyways), and don't just buy one at a time, it's more efficient to and cheaper!!! too, to go wild:

5693662178_71cf68037f_z.jpg

Welcome to the family!;)

Thanks guys (and gals). I didn't control myself very well in NZ, so I don't see any reason I should try now! What's the fun in that?

David, things are significantly better here! The NZ market is tiny, so there aren't any growers importing and selling good crosses anymore, not since Papa Aroha closed down and shipped most of their stock to Canada. It is possible to get flasks via someone like Murray Shergold, but importing into NZ is a game of roulette (dealing with ignorant officials).

I'm looking forward to getting involved with paphs again, and blow out some cobwebs! It's great to be here.

Latest posts

Back