From Winnipeg

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kevin

I thought it was about time that I joined a slipper forum. I've been really getting into this group over the last while, and I currently have about 40 different species and hybrids of Phrags, Paphs and Cyps. I'm kind of focussing on Phrags right now. My favorite in-bloom at the moment is my Phrag. Bell Hougue Point - 7 1/4 inches tip to tip! By the way, is that large, or average for that cross?

Nice to see some familiar names here (hey Kyle!).

Welcome, Kevin!

That is average for the hybrid.

Look forward to your photos!

Thanks. Haven't searched this forum fully yet - how do I post photos, if I have?

Welcome from Luxembourg Kevin! Photo posting will be easy once you have got the trick!!
I use the ImageShack upload:
=> scan one's PC-file, select photo: not too large (for me: 30 x 24 cm format out of Paint Shop Pro),
=> host it,
=> ImageShack will produce several alternatives to connect the pict. to your post; I use the last one with copy and paste into the post, between
, and there it is!! Jean

Throwin' a shout out from Memphis, welcome Kevin, watch out though, this forum can become consuming, starting to spend more time here than overwatering and poking at my plants, hey maybe that's a good thing, my plants are probably thanking you all right now.

Thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll like it here!

fbrem: I know exactly what you mean - I am also on a Carnivorous plant forum, and it takes up quite a bit of time, but it is very small compared to this forum! This one's huge!! I could spend days on here reading what everyone has to say about different topics! I probably won't get to them all, and I'm sure I'll have questions that have been asked and answered elsewhere before, for forgive me.

I'd say I'm about an intermediate grower - not a beginner, and by far not an expert. I've been growing orchids for about 14 years now, and still have my first Paph. gratrixianum (still one of my favorites) from about that long ago. I only really got into the slippers about 5 years ago, and now they're one of my favorite groups of orchids.

Back