From the garden of Erythrone

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More wonderful photos :clap: I love the single shot of Paeonia Flame. You do have a botanical garden; you could charge admission. Only just not for your pals on Slippertalk. :D

Maybe some day!:)

Chrismende said:
I'm amazed that you still have a lot of snow! When is your usual spring? Is this unusual?

Many pictures are from early June. And the season began later than usual (3 or 4 weeks) this year. But now many plants blooms as usual. Having Rhodies in bloom in mid-June is usual for us. Many irises also are blooming at the "right time" now: Bearded, Siberians, pseudacorus are now in bloom. I remember them to be flowering at the St-Jean Baptiste (today) when I was young in the Quebec city region. June 24th is the national day for us in Quebec and our national flower is Iris versicolor. Of course, plants blooms earlier in Montreal.

2 or 3 days ago

Abelia mosanensis
Abeliamosanensis_web2.jpg

Centranthus ruber
Centranthusruberweb.jpg

Iris sibirica Super Ego
IrissibiricaSuperEgo_web.jpg

Lindefolia anchusoides
Lindefoliaanchusoides_web.jpg

Paeonia Carrara
PaeoniaCarrara_web.jpg

Paeonia Krinkled White
PaeoniaKrinkledWhite_web.jpg

Paeonia Raspberry Charm
PaeoniaRaspberryCharm_web.jpg

Paeonia Seashell
PaeoniaSeashell_web.jpg

Paeonia Sesquestered Sunshine (Itoh)
PaeoniaSesquesteredSunshinegrosplanweb.jpg

Paeonia Snow Swan
PaeoniaSnowSwan_web2.jpg

Rodgersia
rodgersia_web.jpg

Thalictrum aquilegifolium
Thalictrumaquilegifolium_web.jpg

That Sequestered Sunshine is amazing! Though I would love ton have gardens the likes of yours, it makes my back hurt thinking of all the work you must do!

Happy belated Jean Baptiste day! My team at work handles calls from French Canada, and had to take extra last
Friday as our center that generally handles Quebec was closed. Our holiday schedule is a little weird, as we don't get the US holidays. :(. Best team I've managed so far though, so that makes up for it!

Paeonia Cytherea
PaeoniaCytherea_web.jpg

Paeonia Circus Circus
PaeoniaCircusCircusweb.jpg

Paeonia Pecher
PaeoniaPecher_web.jpg

PaeoniaPecher1_web.jpg

Paeonia Hillary
PaeoniaHillary_web.jpg

Paeonia Kinkaku
PaeoniaKinkaku_web.jpg

Paeonia Dancing Butterflies
PaeoniaDancingButterflies_web.jpg

Paeonia Petite Elegance, Paeonia Cytherea
PaeoniaPetiteEleganceetCytherea_web.jpg

Paeonia Myrtle Thischer
PaeoniaMyrtleThischer_web.jpg

Paeonia Petite Elegance
PaeoniaPetiteElegance_web.jpg

Paeonia Fancy Nancy
PaeoniaFancyNancy_web.jpg

Heuchera Mysteria
HeucheraMysteria_web.jpg

Thank you!!!

More peonies and a few others:

Paeonia Cytherea
PaeoniaCytherea1_web.jpg

Paeonia Pink Spritzer
PaeoniaPinkSpritzer_web.jpg

Paeonia inconnue
Paeoniainconnue2_web.jpg

Paeonia Serene Pastel
PaeoniaSerenePastel_web.jpg

Syringa Donald Wyman
SyringaDonaldWyman_web.jpg

Paeonia Paula Fay
PaeoniaPaulaFay_web.jpg

Peonia White Innocence
PeoniaWhiteInnocence_web.jpg

Iris Loop de Loop
IrisLoopdeLoop_web.jpg

No name (not the pretiest...)
Paoniainconnue_web.jpg

What a garden you have! I can't imagine myself taking the time and effort to take care of so many beautiful flowers. If it's a therapy, it's one hell of a good therapy, and it must be working with such a variety of flowers, shrubs, trees and what not. How old is this garden? This is also a marvelous labor of love, love of life and nature. Admirable! And the pictures go from beautiful to outstanding. All the kudos you receive are well earned. That thread should be called Erythrone in Wonderland...

Thank you Shiva! Tes bons mots sont très appréciés.

The old parts of the gardens are 17 years old, but they are now a mess. It was a week-end garden for many years. Many plants are now overgrown. Like an old rhododendron I bought when I was gardening in the Quebec city region. Tat rhodie almost do not flower anymore because of the heavy shade on its head... And we don't want to cut the small shading tree since it is a magnolia. The rhodie is not more than 2,5 m large and it now difficult to open the door of the shed for the lawnmower.

We live here since 2003 and many beds were created since that time.

I began to be addicted to outdor gardening when I was 17 years old. I began my plant collection at that time with my mother. Amongs the oldies: Paeonia Kinkaku : That beauty has been grown in 3 cities. Miss Canada Lilac was started from a cutting from a young shrub I have grown in another garden in early '90.

Latest posts

Back