Wenshanense aureum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
First time using imgur. Controlling the size of image is easy, but image quality is not that great, especially when my photos are not professional quality to begin with.
The original photo size is way too big and take up the entire moniter with horrible quality, and small is way too small.
I'm using medium thumbnail size, which is not terribly small, but smaller than I'd like.
Still, no headache like photobucket did to me.

Anyway, this plant was purchased as bellatulum, but it was right next to box-full of wenshanense aureum about two years ago from Ten Shin Gardens.
I bought two of each variety. They were all in low bud, but blasted sooner or later, which was expected. Bareroot, international trip from warm Taiwan to freezing New Jersey. lol

Anyways, all were very slow to start a new growth, but they eventually all did.
Both plants of wenshanense (well, according to the tag) were considerably smaller than the plants tagged as bellatulum, but the leaves basically looked the same.
Wenshanense had their older growth replaced by the new one, while bellatulum maintained the older growths.

Just last month, one of the wenshanense had a sudden black rot and I tossed it.
The other wensh is slowly growing.

Now, the one posted here just opened up recently and it is obviously wenshanense aureum.
I had my suspicion when the bud stayed white without any spots the whole time. I don't think I've ever been happier with misabled plant! :)
This one is pretty nice, I'd say. :)

Slightly greenish yellow when opening up, and then now its buttery yellow.

The last picture is another "bellatulum" showing a low sheath. I wonder how that one will turn out.

P6X4hoAl.jpg

lrQ4UGyl.jpg

wyincTDl.jpg

E5g79m8l.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice flower.

FYI, I use large thumbnail for most pictures using imgur and find it to be good quality and a good size for this forum.

I would be quite happy with this one too! The leaves are fantastic!

I love this flower! :)
Never been this happy with a brachy flower.
And this one doesn't stink, which is a huge releaf. haha

I wouldn't have bought the whole flask of this same variety had I knew this bellatulum would turn out to be a very nice wenshanense aureum. lol

It has a small new growth just starting, so at least it keeps on growing.

This Paph. is wonderful everything...the color is warm and
bright and the leaves are gorgeous. You're doing much
better growing in your windowsill than I am in a greenhouse.

Latest posts

Back