Flower drop

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Doug

After four to five weeks of blooming, each of my glanduliferum flowers fell off while still looking to be in perfect condition. This was spaced out over a period of a couple of weeks. All my other species flowers usually show a gradual decline over a period of days before falling off. Is this something that is preculiar to glanduliferum?

Most of my phrags do that.
Most of my pahs wilt & brown but I think 4-5 weeks on a multi flower is pretty good. Any change in humidity? light? drafts?

After four to five weeks of blooming, each of my glanduliferum flowers fell off while still looking to be in perfect condition. This was spaced out over a period of a couple of weeks. All my other species flowers usually show a gradual decline over a period of days before falling off. Is this something that is preculiar to glanduliferum?

Not normal for glanduliferum ( praestans ) to do this that I know of. It could be due to a rapid temperature drop or a major change in growing conditions for a brief period of time.

Latest posts

Back