Fish tank >>>>> Orchid growing area!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, this is the general idea for the set up!!! I might enrich it a bit more with sticks, but not sure yet!! It definatelly needs another light bulb and a fan!!! If the cap is closed the humidity reaches very high above 99% perhaps, cause the humidity meter I put in showed --%, after 95% or so!!! LOL

I will post apicture a gain when it is finished!!! There are more plants that will be moved into!! Do not think that there is a lot unused space:evil::evil: hehe...

Attachments

• P150709_12.37.JPG
    P150709_12.37.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 65
For those of you with established tanks like this, what kind of watering do you use? Permanent set up misters (for the ghosts)? Hand water (for the paphs)? Water from below with some sort of fancy flooding? Do you use RO water to keep the lime scale off the walls? Is algae a problem?

Thanks,
Ross

Ross, algae could be a problem but it could easily be cleaned after all the plants are out of the tank...lol!!!

RO water is recommended cause the salt build up could create an unpleasant visual effect! Generally u treat the plant like every other plant. This set up is mostly for keeping them in high humidity (at least that is why I did so!!!)!!! Others could help more!

Re:

This is nice forum, I have a aquariums and there are so many fishes in it. Fish tanks are very expensive, If you interested in this so visit our website.

-----------------
Fish Tanks

Not good at this time of the year! I lost some plants during summer (mainly bulbos) and I moved some outside of the tank so it is kind of empty. But I am on the move of filling it again with mostly pleurothallidinae. I have some already and a couple are spiking (great news for me...hehe...). Thank you very much for asking...!!! Here is a photo...

Attachments

• tank.JPG
    tank.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 26
It is more than half empty...!!! it is about 1/3 filled...! I must get more plants....hehe!!!!

Latest posts

Back