First Bloom: Paph (niveum x Mary Zdilla)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the first plant to bloom for me from this grex. The flower is still opening and somewhat cupped. Here's a breakdown on the cross:

Paph (niveum x Mary Zdilla) = (niveum x [exul x Tyke]) = (niveum x [exul x (henryanum x barbigerum)])

Species breakdown by percentage: niveum 50%, exul 25%, henryanum 12.5%, barbigerum 12.5%

Growing in a 2 1/4 inch pot with a 6 inch (15cm) leaf span.
Flower measurements: NS: 5cm, DW: 3.8cm, PW: 2cm (these may change if flower flattens further)

PaphniveumxMaryZdilla1-2.jpg

PaphniveumxMaryZdilla1plant2.jpg

For size perspective
PaphniveumxMaryZdilla1plant.jpg

Another BIG pat on the back for you Ross, on your goal of breeding awesome, SMALL plants! Well done!

-Ernie

What Ernie said: well done!
I like the colours and the overall shape, and I think the pouch should improve on subsequent flowerings.

OHHH! What a lovely cute! Nice shape, wonderful colors, great white pouch!
But the pouch looks a little bit like a rhino.
I'm looking for the other plants to bloom from this grex! Please keep us updated!

What Ernie said: well done!
I like the colours and the overall shape, and I think the pouch should improve on subsequent flowerings.

Thank you, all! I am pleased, so far. It will be interesting to see more bloom out, and to see the second bloom of this one. My goal was to increase the petal width of Mary Zdilla while maintaining a small plant. If this plant is representative of how the grex will look, it may be a good step in building complex mini's from the "ground up". Time will tell............

:clap: What a cutie! It looks like all the species are trying to get their 2 cents in!

That is so pretty, Ross! I love it! Can't wait for mine to bloom. It's put out 2 new growths since last winter. I'm really glad I was able to get one of these from you. Hope mine turns out as nice as this one.

Latest posts

Back