Expensive new Paph

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
This Paph was just purchased by a friend of mine. It wasn't cheap as I believe but I it has potential.
index_001_001-1.jpg

That's an excellent flower, very nice.

Much less than 200$ (USD or AUS?) sounds reasonable for a select plant like that.

Does it have a name?

Best wishes, Carsten

You think that's expensive? Don't start w/ Pk seedlings then! :mad:

Eric, the PK prices are only for the few to make money quickly. I wouldn't touch them with a 40 foot pole. Like everything, they will eventually drop in price to a reasonable level. It will depend on the amount of quality blooms flowered be the hobby grower. It doesn't matter how many the commercial growers flower good, if the hobbiest is flowering rough stuff the demand will drop and so will the prices. Reason, the grower will want to get his/her money back for atleast what the seedling cost, at the prices, is that possible??????
YES, I would like a straight PK but I'll wait.

I understand that and the exclusivity is what we're paying for until they become more available; but look at the list in my collections and remember none cost less than $75 and some up to $90 each!! Aieee Caramba!!!!

I understand that and the exclusivity is what we're paying for until they become more available; but look at the list in my collections and remember none cost less than $75 and some up to $90 each!! Aieee Caramba!!!!

Holy cow, and I thought paying $46 for one of my paphs was getting on the pricey side (most are $30). What do I know? :D

Holy cow, and I thought paying $46 for one of my paphs was getting on the pricey side (most are $30). What do I know? :D

Yoyo Jo, apart from expensive seedlings, have a look thru some of the websites at the prices being asked for the good clones and particullarly the awarded ones, THEN you will know what expensive is!!!!!!!

OMG, don't look at any of Hadley Cash's or other vendors' select plants or your eyeballs will shrivel up like raisins and fall out of your skull!

BTW, Flasks by Chuck Ackers has a good special on Pk x wallisii seedlings [8" LS] for $30 each!

I figure it's a good idea to get my feet wet with the "cheaper" plants before moving on to kill the more expensive awarded plants...:D

I figure it's a good idea to get my feet wet with the "cheaper" plants before moving on to kill the more expensive awarded plants...:D

Have to say it, the most expensive paphs and pharags I have heard of are not awarded.

Latest posts

Back