European nurseries

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T120

Reaction score
Hi,
could anybody suggest the best nurseries in europe for purchasing paph.species,
thanks

O&M in Germany has good plants (but bad service).

best plants if you manage to go there and pic them yourself. Have many plants not listed in the website, and sometimes they not even know they have them!

Effectively Popow and Klinge in Holland and L'Amazone in Belgium.

Totally agree with L'Amazone, and they also have a good service.
Popow has goog plants, but you need to be aware of changing mood when contacting them (don't take it personal - even if sometimes can be very insulting!)

best plants if you manage to go there and pic them yourself. Have many plants not listed in the website, and sometimes they not even know they have them!

They do not need money :D

Franz Glanz Nursery (Wössner Orchideen)

only if you want to buy seedlings. Glanz has hieps of FS plants, which he keeps for himself. Flowering Paphs you can forget altogether, unless they're crap.

Would any of these nurseries be worth contacting for flasks? I was just wondering if there are good alternatives to the usual Taiwanese places.

Asendorfer Orchideen sells flasks, because he is doing a lot of propagation.

But I asume you have to send him an email, normaly his online shop doesn´t show the whole stuff.

[email protected]

Contact Hilmar. He frequently sells surplus flasks on ebay, and he essentially raises every Paph species from flask.
He does a lot of wholesale, one or another of the above-listed may get Paphs from him as well.

Well Franz Glanz, Unterwössen, Bavaria, is one of the best Paphio Grower,
I visited his nursery several times. Popow, Wolfsburg is also a good
Paphio Grower, I bought my first Paph. vietnamense and Paphio. emersonii
at his nursery. Baumann, Oberhausen is selling Paphiopedilums at ebay, I also had been in his greenhouse and bought my first Paph. delenatii some
years ago. Asendorfer Orchideenzucht offers young plants of several kinds
of Paphiopedilum at ebay. Orchids & more in Ismaning also has Paphiopedilums and Thailandshome offers Paphiopedilum plants from Thailand at ebay in Germany.

I had the best experiences with

Wössner Orchideen - Franz Glanz
I had never problems to buy flowering or flowering sized plants from him. But I know him now 25 years and know which plants he need for the exhibitions or judging. The best adress in Europe for Phragmipedium

Kopf Orchideen in Deggendorf - never had problems with very helpful

Popow, wonderful cultivated plants, correct names. This is the best adress in Europe to find rare species.

Best greetings

Olaf

Latest posts

Back