esquirolei 'Thorin'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gorgeous. So is this the awarded one? I think the other clone pips this one but there isn't much in it.

Yes, this clone was awarded 78points I think. I don't pay too much attention to it. I never submitted for an award, but somehow it ended up getting judged at our National show last year. (I never attended as I took my younger son diving off the northern tip of Madagascar).:)

Gary! Hurry up and mail that bad boy to Texas before the erwinia gets to it!

(Only kidding, I hope you all know that)

very nice flower. i think im a bout to giving up on my esquirolei as the bud keep busting two years in a row. Do you need to keep the plant cool while the plant is in shealth?

very nice flower. i think im a bout to giving up on my esquirolei as the bud keep busting two years in a row. Do you need to keep the plant cool while the plant is in shealth?

I keep my esquirolei way more shaded than my hirsuts, I grow them with my 'Maudiae' types. I don't heat my greenhouse in winter, so temps drop to about 10 degrees most nights, and on occasion to 4 degrees. I only put a heater on if we are expecting a strong front, and run the heat to keep above 4 degrees. I am sorry I cant offer you more constructive advice, other than to point out that the occasional temperature drop does not seem to do them any harm.

So do you also grow your multi-florals unheated? At those minimum temperatures you would run a real risk of rot, especially if they hadn't totally dried out from watering.

I don't heat my greenhouse in winter, so temps drop to about 10 degrees most nights, and on occasion to 4 degrees.

Oh man! I am so envious.......10*C as your normal nighttime low in winter. Wow! Of course, technically, it's still summer here and we're expecting frost tonight! I dread winter because of the horrible struggle I have to keep up with the heating bill.

Latest posts

Back