Erythrone gardens

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing pictures! I am impressed with the variety of plants that you have in your garden! I like it that you have a lot of "unusual" plants, plants that you don't see to often in peoples yards. Roughly how many hours a week do you spend working on your gardens (weeding, deadheading etc), or do you have a crew of people helping you. Either way I am pretty envious, keep the pictures coming!

Robert

I can't get enough of your pictures. Keep them coming 'cause autumn should be spectacular.

Amazing pictures! I am impressed with the variety of plants that you have in your garden! I like it that you have a lot of "unusual" plants, plants that you don't see to often in peoples yards. Roughly how many hours a week do you spend working on your gardens (weeding, deadheading etc), or do you have a crew of people helping you. Either way I am pretty envious, keep the pictures coming!

Robert

Thank you Robert. This garden is quite big (2 to 3 acres) and when I am not in vacation I spend 15 hours a week taking car of the plants. But when I am in vacation, 30 hours a week. My boyfriend does the big job (creating the beds and adding compost). I do all the other tasks (weeding, deadheading, staking, dividing, shrubs pruning, battle with deers...). The garden is never perfect since I am alone to do all those things. This year, I decided not to stake many delphiniums... nor my 96 peonies (I didn't know I had so much varieties... I just took a look at my database). But all the peonies were great this year.... Unfortunatly many Delphiniums were on the ground after the first rain.

I must say that I don't clean the beds in fall or spring (except for the 95 peonies... and this year I think I will remove the foliage of the Japanese Irises grown in pot) because I believe leaves and stems are helpfull for protection.

Not only do insects love them, the deer eat them down to nubbins!

The deers eat coneflowers???? OMG!!! I think it is one on the few plants they didn't try to eat here yet.... There must be a lot of bambis around your garden...

I just put 10 Scare Crows int the garden today, because deers began to eat a lot of plants. :(:(:(

The deers eat coneflowers???? OMG!!! I think it is one on the few plants they didn't try to eat here yet.... There must be a lot of bambis around your garden...

We do have a lot of deer here. Lots of woods all around, and a river going through our back yard. One year, I photographed 14 deer lined up along our pond.

Dryopteris tokyoensis. A very stong fern, more than 60 cm tall this year.

Dryopteris tokyoensis_web par Erythrone, sur Flickr

Adenophora taquetii. Small alpine plant. It is on the bottom of a rock wall, on a gravelly soil.

Adenophora taquetii_web par Erythrone, sur Flickr

Dryopteris polylepis. One of my favorite ferns

Dryopteris polylepis_web par Erythrone, sur Flickr

Carlina acaulis. Although we often read that it is a short lived plant, this plant can easily live more than 10 years here.

Carlina acaulis 1_web par Erythrone, sur Flickr

Carlina acaullis_web par Erythrone, sur Flickr

Rosa Carefree Beauty. A very tough shrub. Flowers have very nice shape for a hardy rose.

Rosa Carefree Beauty_web par Erythrone, sur Flickr

Chelonopsis yagiharana. A plant I bought this year. An Asiatic beauty

Chelonopsis yagiharana_web par Erythrone, sur Flickr

An indoor plant I grow since many years and that decided to bloom this year : Tillandsia sp. (any idea about the ID ?)

tillandsia_web par Erythrone, sur Flickr

Back