eBay ripoff seller - darren0987

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My "Queen" was never posted on Ebay...it was offerred by the dealer on his private email sale lists...it looks exactly like the "Queen"s I have seen for sale in the past at the GNYOS show (usually for $100 and up....) I'll know for sure after it blooms...Take care, Eric

ah nevermind then. as long as you verified the foliage it oughta be true (that one on ebay had leaves that really didn't look like the queen). be sure to post pics! this clone is still my favorite green-and-white Maud-type.

I was going to buy the Paph. gardineri from Daren... but I saw his P. armeniacum being the "rarest" and "most desirable"... so I decided not to spring for it... the P. gardineri may just be a P. Lyro Blackhawk or something along those lines... the Red Leaved Phalaenopsis, I have seen this before... not sun burnt... I have also seen the variegated Phalenopsis hybrids... they breed true, and bloom freely with variegation... but basically, the red isn't a deep red, it is more like the leaves of some Doritaenopsis hybrids, but a tad redder... I wouldn't say it was rare or highly sought after... otherwise, I would have bought it and sold it for more... the picture may have had flash on, and made it redder, or maybe he just tinted the picture to a redder hue...

-Pat

paph armeniacum is now so common that you can get quality BS plants for under 30 bucks, not the >100 that you see advertised here. (actually blooming them is another matter). I have not had any experience with this seller, but anyone who thinks an unbloomed COLORATUM Maudiae-type is worth 50+ bucks is clearly not right upstairs. hell, even the best unbloomed vinis aren't worth more than 25 bucks in my book for blooming-size.

Jmoney said:
even the best unbloomed vinis aren't worth more than 25 bucks in my book for blooming-size.

I second the motion. One can buy blooming size sibs of Paph Scott Ware 'Crystelle' FCC/AOS for $20 from the breeder. (And they grow like weeds.)

gary

gary said:
I second the motion. One can buy blooming size sibs of Paph Scott Ware 'Crystelle' FCC/AOS for $20 from the breeder. (And they grow like weeds.)

gary

What a silly name for such a beautiful paph. ;)

Actually - you don't get the 'Crystelle' cultivar, but you can get some pretty awesome siblings of 'Crystelle' for that price.

Mycorrhizae said:
Actually - you don't get the 'Crystelle' cultivar, but you can get some pretty awesome siblings of 'Crystelle' for that price.

that's what I wrote - "sibs" :)
gary

Woops! You certainly did! Mea culpa! :)

In fact the hybridizer has one of those very siblings listed on eBay as we type!

<mumbling and making note to self about the hazards of reading forums without glasses>

Steve brought to my attention that Orchidspeed re-lists again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and hopefully you got my point by now! =) ...and they are the old photos of plants that they have or had... what a rip. Not sure what you are getting, wanted the Phrag. d'allesandroi, but not sure if it is really blooming size...

And the Paph. sukahkulii var. alba... umm, aren't these quite rare and super expensive? I remember seeing on some grower site that he had the Paph. sukahkulii var. alba in a show in NY, and the plant was stolen... and they seemed quite mad. So, why would they get real mad if it was just a cheap and replaceable plant?

Has anyone ever bought the Paph. sukahkulii from Orchidspeed on eBay?

-Pat

Mahon said:
...and they are the old photos of plants that they have or had... what a rip. Not sure what you are getting, wanted the Phrag. d'allesandroi, but not sure if it is really blooming size...

LOL! She's been listing that d'allesandroi for at least two years now! And still no photo of the bloom?

FWIW, I have a plant I bought on Ebay a while back which is "supposed" to be a d'allesandroi, but alas, I am doubtful. It is finally in sheath but I had to recently spray my besseaes for thrips and at least two plants have blasted a bud each since so I'm not sure what's going to happen with this plant. If it blooms, I'm sure curious to see what it is, though even my one from Dennis was not quite a d'al. Close, but no cigar.

Don't forget the Paph sanderianum x wardii for $49.99 that has been on the site for years! The picture, though, has changed to show a bloom during that time.

My ebay 'dalessandroi' is in bud as well.

sukhakulii var. album has become somewhat common. Bloomfield Orchids had flasks a while back for $125 apiece.

--Stephen

That Phrag. d'allesandroi is in bud? lol

If you have a pic of just a plant, at least hold your hand still when taking the picture, and maybe clean the lens ONCE in a while... or something... the plant they offer looks like it could be anything... and it doesn't look all that big, or happy...

-Pat

Latest posts

Back