Easier to grow and bloom Phrag. Jason Fischer or Phrag. Mem. Dick Clements

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjkOC

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm wondering what your opinion is on ease of culture and blooming for either Phrag. Jason Fischer or Memoria Dick Clements. Are ST members equally pleased with both or does one "outshine" the other?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

I think most would agree that Jason Fischer is generally going to outshine a Memoria Dick Clements. It tends to have fuller shaped flowers that are usually larger Memoria Dick Clements.

As to which is easier to grow, well that's a little tougher question. There are vigourous clones of each, but I think Memoria Dick Clements is usually a little easier.

First, I agree with Geoff, based on his distinctions.

Additionally, based on your other question concerning size, Mem. Dick Clements is besseae x sargentianum. Jason Fischer is besseae x Mem. Dick Clements. It's the sargentianum that's bringing the larger size in that you were concerned about with Jason Fischer, so the double shot of besseae will bring the size down a bit, conceivably. If I was concerned about size, I'd tend to stay away from things with sargentianum and longifolium in them.

My Jason Fischer is one of the most vigorous and easy to grow plants in my collection.

I'll hold on to my MDC, it's definitely vigorous but not what a consider a big plant. The flowers overall may not be as nice as JF but a dead JF doesn't flower anyway!

Latest posts

Back