Dendrobium farmeri - "which one"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lady slipper

I have been wanting to add dendrobium farmeri to my orchid collection.
Which one is the nicer of the two...the white, or the pink? I thought maybe
the white one is larger and the pink more compact but I am not sure.
I can't wait to start cultivating this one. They look so pretty in photos.

phragm-man

I wasn't aware that farmeri came in different colours. Like dot says, it's white with a yellow lip.

You can choose from white, pink or even yellow.;) (all from the Internet not mine except the yellow or var aureum) note the square short pseudo-bulbs)

Ramon:)

White form
Den_farmeri.jpg

Pink form
Dscn4297.jpg

Yellow (var. aureum)
2279315394_064d174174_b.jpg

Go with all three colors. lol You can always used more. Bare in mind farmerii flower doesn't last very long compare to others, so the more the merrier. The yellow one maybe griffithianum, as the cane looks similar. Then you got densiflorum, and thysiflorum with similar flowers.

Go with all three colors. lol You can always used more. Bare in mind farmerii flower doesn't last very long compare to others, so the more the merrier. The yellow one maybe griffithianum, as the cane looks similar. Then you got densiflorum, and thysiflorum with similar flowers.

Den. griffithianum have larger and taller pseudobulbs.
Ramon:)

Den. griffithianum
Den~griffthanum20010823Gombessa.jpg

this is my pink Den. farmeri from last month, Den. palpebrae is also a great species like this type you might consider..
IMG_0549.jpg

dend farmeri

Thanks Pete,
Absolutely gorgeous! and such a rich strong color hue too. She is very beautiful.

L=phrag-man

Latest posts

Back