Dendrobium cuthbertsonii and hybrid

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Really a great yellow. Dendrobium cuthbertsonii 'Mountain Sunshine' AM/AOS. Purchased from M. Ferrusi
Dendrobium cuthbertsonii 'Mountain Sunshine' AM AOS web by Erythrone2, sur Flickr

Dendrobium cuthbertsonii 'Fireball'. From J and L Orchids
Dendrobium cuthbertsonii Fireball web by Erythrone2, sur Flickr

A hybrid I got from Ecuagenera under the name: Dendrobium ophano x Dendrobium cuthbertsonii 'Michael Rose'. Well... since Den. ophano doesn't exist, I finally concluded after searching on Internet that it is Dendrobium aphanochilum x cuthbertsonii. Technically, the name of the cuthbie used for the breeding must be 'Michael Rose' ....but since Ecuagenera has often strange names on their website, I wonder if it could be the name of the clone of the hybrid... Or even the name of the cross when they will register the hybrid.....
Dendrobium aphanochilum x cuthbertsonii Michael Rose web by Erythrone2, sur Flickr

Ecuagenera has confirmed that it is Dendrobium aphanochilum used in the hybrid in an email to Flora Peculia. They are slow to register some of their hybrids. I've had cuthbertsonii X glomeratum for a few years and it's still not registered.

Nice Mountain Sunshine! I miss Mario.

I got a few cuthbertsonii. The bulk of the cuthbertsonii went to Tropical Gardens in Vancouver. Flora Peculia in Toronto bought a lot of Masdevallias. He travels to the States a couple of times each year. He'll be in San Francisco in July. Orchids in Our Tropics probably got quite a few plants. They helped with the estate.

I'm looking for more Restrepia hybrids. Thanks.

Try Flora Peculia. PM or email me and I'll give you his email address. His website doesn't seem to be working.

I got a few cuthbertsonii. The bulk of the cuthbertsonii went to Tropical Gardens in Vancouver. Flora Peculia in Toronto bought a lot of Masdevallias. He travels to the States a couple of times each year. He'll be in San Francisco in July. Orchids in Our Tropics probably got quite a few plants. They helped with the estate.

Try Flora Peculia. PM or email me and I'll give you his email address. His website doesn't seem to be working.

Flora Peculia keep Restrepias?

Latest posts

Back