Dark Vini

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdlsreno

Reaction score
My Paph. (Anhinga x Hsinying Magic) flowered for the first time. It has a little cuppy dorsal but the petal width is good and color is great. I hope it flowers better next time.

Ramon:)

Paph. (Anhinga x Hsinying Magic)
3422688849_3ffdc2e322_b.jpg

What do you mean by a "little cuppy dorsal"? The dorsal looks great! Its nice and broad and just the right height to make for a good balance in shape. The little pink halo around the edge is super for contrast. And the little center of green is just excellent to catch ones attention. I would LOVE to have a plant like this in my collection!

Very nice Ramon... and the funneling at the top of the dorsal is hardly noticeable... it's a keeper!

That's one saturated flower Ramon. The dorsal(shape) seems pretty typical these days in the vini breeding. Especially with a lot of masterianum in the background. Have you done a background check on this beauty?

That's one saturated flower Ramon. The dorsal(shape) seems pretty typical these days in the vini breeding. Especially with a lot of masterianum in the background. Have you done a background check on this beauty?

I was curious myself because the mastersianum influence looked strong to me too. It is there on both sides of the family, but 5 or 7 generations back.

Whatever flaws you may perceive, it is a gorgeous example of the breeder's art.

It is a keeper in my opinion! I like the wide petals, and the pouch is almost black in color!

Robert

It was funny to see that both parents has the exact same species involved, only varying in percentages, which are Paph. callosum, lawrensianum, curtisii, purpuratum, barbatum, mastersianum, and sukhakulii.

Ramon:)

Back