Cyps are starting to bloom here

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chuck

I went for a walk in a site near home today. I'll go back with a better lens later and get more shots. There are thousands of plants in this site.

dscf0157n.jpg

dscf0156z.jpg

dscf0152a.jpg

dscf0151j.jpg

dscf0150copy.jpg

dscf0149a.jpg

dscf0147p.jpg

dscf0145pu.jpg

Thank you NYEric, this is a great resource. I'm new to the hobby (2 years) but definitely have the bug.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. What's the weather like there?

In general or at this time of year? We are in zone three, cold winters -30C as an infrequent but expected low. Quite a bit of snow. Temperate summers infrequently above 30C, usual around 22C. Usually a fair amount of rain until mid August then fairly dry through the fall. The cyps are a bit early this year. We had lot of snow and a late spring but it has been warmer than average for the last month 15 C at night, 25 C during the day. The cyps are not common here but you do find occasional good populations. I know of three relatively large population within 30 km of my house and several smaller one. There are more common 150 km south in sandier soils it seems.

Chuck

No, I mean now. The weather here has been relatively crazy and I don't know what plants are going to do. Has it been warm for this time of year for you?

Back