Cypripedium seddlings trial

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dido

Hy,

i have seen a thread here where they tell that for Paph seedlings you can leaf the flask medium on, when transplanted into the growing medium.

So I started yesterday a trial and planted a small flask of Cyp Reginae directly into the soil, without removing the agar.

I started another tet and wanted to see if the pot culture is better or the directly planted outside.

So I planted 3 different dources of seedlings out and I will put some dierectly in pots a usual and want to see what comes out better.

Did anyone tryed soemthing similar or has experience wiht what I am planing.

Only heard that it is better to keep young cyp seedlings the first 2 years out of to could medium. But a friend told me that he had success with the bad seedlings. He did not wwant to throw them away, becasue they were so small and not good luking, he put them in the cyp soil outside beside some big plants, opened the soil in and closed it. And this year he had 20 nice seedlings showing up and he was very surprised, because as me he was thinking cyp seedlings to keep in pots till 2 years of age, and hide them on places where the wether is not to strong and best not under -5C. :confused:

Good luck!! I would like to try & do it with a fresh pod & sprinkle the seed in a few pots & see if I can get them to sprout naturally, but I have to wait till next year to try it!!

Good luck!! I would like to try & do it with a fresh pod & sprinkle the seed in a few pots & see if I can get them to sprout naturally, but I have to wait till next year to try it!!

Started the same trial,
have some pots with not clear parents.
So with them I will try it in my forest.

If you need seed PM me

Latest posts

Back