Cypripedium flavum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not a Cyp grower (tried several calceolus but had no success with them) but you seem to have a lot of these beauties!!! Are the pics from last spring? Jean

Hans,
The difference in color, yellow, white, is that do to the age of the flower or is this variation within the species? Beautiful cyps BTW!

C. flavum

really nice pics, Hans.

You just can create now the Hans Collection 'Flavum' :clap:

after the Hans Collection 'Calceolus'

cheers

Lucky you!! A beautiful selection of blooms! They sure love you!! Great growing!! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Great flowers.

But I'm a little confused, not knowing very much about Cyps. Are these all calceolus, forma flavum? Or is there a species named flavum? :confused:

Looks like the Paph villosum of the Cyprepedium world.

Wonderful range of diversity in these flowers:clap::clap:

I hope you will have some great pictures to so us this spring!!

There is a species named flavum - this is it. It is very closely related to Cyp. reginae - the two are a vicarious pair.

Indeed they are closely related, so much so that Donovan Correll in his famous Native Orchids of North America (1950) mistakenly reported that C. reginae was also found in western China.

Lovely sampling of this species. Too bad this plant needs cool temps in summer to thrive - in the US I wouldn't recommend it south of the northern tier states.

Latest posts

Back