Cypripedium calceolus in flower

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ORG

Not so far away from my home in the Achental Cypripedium calceolus started to come in flower.

Here the habitat. It is not so wellknow, so visitors are really rare.

Cypripediumcalceolus2009-05-25Stand.jpg

Cypripediumcalceolusa2009-05-25.jpg

Cypripediumcalceolusd2009-05-25.jpg

Cypripediumcalceoluse2009-05-25.jpg

Cypripediumcalceolusi2009-05-25.jpg

Cypripediumcalceolusq2009-05-25a.jpg

Cypripediumcalceolusr2009-05-25a.jpg

Cypripediumcalceolusr2009-05-25aSta.jpg

Cypripediumcalceolust2009-05-25d.jpg

Cypripediumcalceolusu2009-05-25b.jpg

Here another colourform

Cypripediumcalceolusl2009-05-25ande.jpg

But not only the Cypris are wonderful, only 15 minutes with my bike I could find hundreds of this wonderful Iris sibirica

IrisamAchendamm12009-05-22.jpg

Best greetings

Olaf

Pretty amazing! Thanks for sharing Olaf. I think Cypripedium calceolus used to be native to the Netherlands as well (at least in the province of Limburg) but I think it is extinct in nature there. How common is it still in Germany?

I am lucky that I now live in Minnesota, where we have 5 Cypripedium species that are native (C. parvifloruum, C. reginae, C. acaule, C. candidum, and C. arietinum). The first 2 are pretty common (if you know where to look). Cypripdium reginae is our state flower.

Robert

Pretty amazing! Thanks for sharing Olaf. I think Cypripedium calceolus used to be native to the Netherlands as well .... but I think it is extinct in nature there. ....
Robert

same for Luxembourg unfortunately!:eek::eek:!!

must be an exceptional place Olaf! very, very nice!!! Jean

Not far away from Cypripedium calceolus I found also a lot of plants of Neottia nidus-avis.
Here some pictures of

Neottianidus-avisa2009-05-25.jpg

Neottianidus-avisc2009-05-25.jpg

Neottianidus-avise2009-05-25.jpg

Neottianidus-avisf2009-05-25.jpg

Neottianidus-avisg2009-05-25.jpg

Neottianidus-avisj2009-05-25.jpg

Neottianidus-avisl2009-05-25.jpg

Neottianidus-avism2009-05-25.jpg

Today in the afternoon I will go to some other orchidhabitats near the big lake in my region, the Chiemsee.

Best greetings

Olaf

This species has no foliage. You can see the whole plant here on a plate published in
Prof. Dr. Otto Wilhelm Thomé Flora von Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz 1885, Gera, Germany

Neottianidus-avisBildtafel.jpg

Best greetings

Olaf

Cool!!! Very nice Olaf!!! Are those in a beech forest???

Slipperking, this species is a saprophytic plant and grows in deep shade, so there is no need for leaves...;)

Dear Biothanasis,
the grow in a mixed forest with beech, spruce and fir.

Best greetings

Olaf

Lovely Cyps & Iris! I could spends...well, all summer really I guess...wandering around a forrest like that, just looking at all the wild flowers!

Latest posts

Back