Cyp Ulla Silkens

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvi_17

Reaction score
A new acquisition. I have one outside too, but it won't show up for a while yet. I'll update this thread periodically as it comes into flower - there is a bud inside (I'm 99% sure). It is 5" (12.5 cm) tall right now.

Looking good Joe! I'd say that it should flower on that vigorous growth. The only thing I don't like so much about this cross is the reflexing on the petals, otherwise it is a very nice hybrid.

I don't like that characteristic either. The other one I have has petals that reflex all the way back so that from the front they look very short. However, it has a beautiful pastel pink pouch and a strong rosy fragrance.

Now Open

The flower opened today. I love it. It has a spicy, cinnamon-like fragrance much like my other Ulla. The plant is about 9" tall, but both plant and flower will increase in size as it matures - this is a first bloomer.

It's a cutie!

I know nothing about growing Cyps but all these recent posts about them are getting me tempted to see if I could try one.

It's a cutie!

I know nothing about growing Cyps but all these recent posts about them are getting me tempted to see if I could try one.

Cyps grow great in the UK! You should check out Paul Christian Rare Plants and the hardy orchids division of Ratcliffe!

Latest posts

Back