Cyp Sebastian

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvi_17

Reaction score
The cross is (parviflorum x montanum). I am dissapointed right now because my Emil looks to have had a major decrease in number of shoots from last year. Hopefully this will cheer me up by flowering. It is hard to say at this point whether or not it will.

The flower is open now. It looks exactly like montanum except that it opens cream and fades to white, and the petals might be a bit shorter. This will likely be a smaller plant as well.

I've never grown montanum, so I don't know it well. If montanum was a difficult one, then this hybrid would be a nearly perfect subsitute

Montanum is supposedly extremely difficult to grow. However, there are several members of our society who grow it like a weed. I hope to become one of those members!

If Sebastian proves to be as vigorous as the other hybrids I have, I will be pleased with it. However, now that I have montanum, admittedly this plant isn't quite so exciting anymore! The multifloral habit of montanum is something that I really appreciate; with 3 flowers to a stem even a smallish clump looks like a specimen plant! While I'm sure Sebastian will readily produce 2 flowers per stem, I don't expect 3 to be common.

Latest posts

Back