Cyp growing in Portugal!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

luis

My cyp growing and flowering in the ground in Portugal! Someone says to me that's almost impossible but it seem's not!:rollhappy:

Attachments

• cyp1.JPG
    cyp1.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 17
  • cyp2.JPG
    cyp2.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 7
  • cyp3.JPG
    cyp3.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 4
  • cyp4.JPG
    cyp4.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 17
  • cyp 5.JPG
    cyp 5.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 14
  • cyp6.JPG
    cyp6.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 14
  • cyp acaule.JPG
    cyp acaule.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 7
  • cyp acaule1.JPG
    cyp acaule1.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 23
  • cyp plectrochilon.JPG
    cyp plectrochilon.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 22
Do you know what kinds they are? Show us pictures again when the flowers are open.

Thank's too all!

Thank'you to all, it's the first year they are in the ground. There are cyp of china, hibrids too, and acaule and californicum from US. Cyp acaule and plectrochilum are in flower now!!! :drool:

The promissed photos!

Please help me to classify them... i hope you like! Thank's! :p

Attachments

• 029[1].JPG
    029[1].JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 14
  • cyp acaule2.JPG
    cyp acaule2.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 026[1].JPG
    026[1].JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 027[1].JPG
    027[1].JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 028[1].JPG
    028[1].JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 11
The only one I can saw for certain is #2 is Cyp. acaule - and very well grown, I might add, as well as the others. Cyp. acaule is not easy to grow in cultivation, from what I've heard. Where did you get it, and what are you growing it in?

Hi!

The only one I can saw for certain is #2 is Cyp. acaule - and very well grown, I might add, as well as the others. Cyp. acaule is not easy to grow in cultivation, from what I've heard. Where did you get it, and what are you growing it in?

I get it from ebay, from a german seller. I'm growing all my cyps in one bed bellow my pine trees... i guess they like it! :)

I get it from ebay, from a german seller. I'm growing all my cyps in one bed bellow my pine trees... i guess they like it! :)

Cyp acule is found in acid conditions, often in areas of pine or hemlock.

Other cyp species are not so fond of the the very acid conditions favored by acule.

A good book to look for is Growing Hardy Orchids by John Tullock

The Acaule is very nice.
Did you get it from pinkepank.

The 3 red ones look like macranthos for me

Wow, Cyps in Portugal! I never say never since I grow lots of stuff that shouldn't do well here, but they persist. The very best of luck with those babies. As Rick said, keep that C. acaule acidic - if you use a vinegar solution on it (10ml to 2 liters of water will do) once a week it will keep the pH down. The large purple flower looks like C. tibeticum to me - did you get it labeled?

Latest posts

Back