Cyp Emil

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update...

...With a close-up of the bud. I'm still mad at this plant! This is actually turning out to be a bit of a crappy year for Cyps, but buying plants makes me feel better...

Here is a quick shot taken about a week ago of the flower. I have decided that the horrible winter we just had must be to blame for the plant's decrease in size, as this factor has caused stress to many plants in my area. It was a winter of repeated freezing and thawing, with temperatures dropping -20 C in 1 or 2 days a couple times. Luckily the plant still produced a decent flower, and I am hoping for a comeback next year.

I sure hope it comes back better next year for you too! it's such a sweet plant :)

Nice! It looks like there are spots on the pouch - is this just the spots showing through from the inside?

Nice! It looks like there are spots on the pouch - is this just the spots showing through from the inside?

There are strong spots around the rim of the pouch and some light spots on the outer surface which appear like a slight red blush in person. When the flower first opened the blush was darker - it faded as the flower matured.

I love the contrasts of the colours in this cross! Hopefully next year will be better for both of us.
By garden is not in good shape (partly the vacation, maybe the weather too) , I think I met a few Edmontonians that did not feel they're having the best garden season either

Latest posts

Back