Cymbidium erythrostylum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
First time I have flowered this beautiful species from Vietnam. It is a selfing of the 'Magnifiicum' clone.

Cymbidium-erythrostylum.jpg

I can only join the chorus, David, and sing the Hallelujah and Amen to every single praise - most wonderful flowers!

Any chance for an in-toto pic of the flowers and the whole plant?

Thanks Jens. Here you go. A bit of a messy photo, but it shows the whole plant. It is a lovely compact plant for a Cymbidium and a relatively big flower. Seems easy to grow too. A worthy addition to any collection.

Cymbidium-erthrostylum-DSC_5869.jpg

Thanks Jens. Here you go. A bit of a messy photo, but it shows the whole plant. It is a lovely compact plant for a Cymbidium and a relatively big flower. Seems easy to grow too. A worthy addition to any collection.
Thank you, David! Messy or not, I certainly got the impression, I wanted... and I will for sure be on the lookout for one! 🤩

How do you grow it?!

Kind regards, Jens

Thank you, David! Messy or not, I certainly got the impression, I wanted... and I will for sure be on the lookout for one! 🤩

How do you grow it?!

Kind regards, Jens

I grow it in my coolhouse with all the other Cymbidiums and native Dendrobiums. No special treatment. Winter temperatures get down to just 2 or 3 degrees Celsius. Bright light. Growing it in 9-12 mm Orchiata bark. It seems pretty adaptable.

Always loved this species, wish I could grow it, but cymbidiums do not do well in my apartment. Congrats on the great blooming!

Latest posts

Back