Cutting experiment just for fun

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlantis

Reaction score
I know most of you have seen this before (there was an old nice thread about this somewhere in ST).

I´m trying to get roots from a cutting of... (well, in spanish we call this type of growth "etiolado", but I don´t know if "etiolated" exists in english or not :eek:) an "etiolated" growth.

The plant is P. Madame Martinet, a quite nice and dense plant so I don´t mind to lose one growth trying new things (specially when the growth wasn´t growing properly among the others).

I sprinkled some hormones in the wound.
It´s planted in a mix of sphag. (60%), sponge rock (20%) and chopped fir bark (20%). I keep it in semi-shade (adult plant hates bright light) an around 60-70% humidity.
I´m watering with Thiamine and kelp extract both extremely diluted.

This plant seems specially reluctant to send new roots so If I don´t see any new one in a pair of months I think I´ll try putting the plant into a plastic bag to increase humidity.

I´ve never tried this before so all comments, inputs and reviews are welcome.

I hope I could post a second message here :)

Enjoy.

15010330495_6a397ff2b9_b.jpg

(Growth LS is 14 cm aprox.)

Yes it will work no problemo. Especially with a nice strong plant like that. I have done it a few times before and it worked well but I put the whole plant including the pot into a plastic bag because I have low humidity sometimes.

Latest posts

Back