Crazy Living Fire

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dido

Was out with my wife and my kids yesterday, when I saw that a orchid breeder had a open sunday, and I stopped by.
He saw me and told me I have to show you something.
He presendted me a gaint batch of Phrag Living Fire,
But there where 3 plant under it which I never saw before.

Look at them. By the way 3 was very uggly and he told me he thrown away already 10 of them.

And Finaly one of the best normals from the batch

Really odd that a breeder would throw away plants that someone might pay a premium for, especially without first determining if they will re-bloom this way or if there was some environmental trigger that caused it.

Pelorics happen in all orchids, and stable pelorics can be desirable. The peloric flowers aren't weird, but the breeders actions are.

Really odd that a breeder would throw away plants that someone might pay a premium for, especially without first determining if they will re-bloom this way or if there was some environmental trigger that caused it.

Pelorics happen in all orchids, and stable pelorics can be desirable. The peloric flowers aren't weird, but the breeders actions are.
Couldn't agree more!

Oh well I thought the same.
He told me they bloomed last year the same way.
He keept this 2 becuase they where not deformed and after a along discussion they jumped in my car. :evil:
Yesterday I found out that the big one with this strange flowers was not fully opened and it looks now like the first pic. If I have a good light I will make some pics.
I always wanted a pleoric one when I saw a pleoric Paph some years ago.

Back