Complex Paphs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Below are three complex paphs. that are currently in bloom. The first one is one that I bought as a seedling from Hadley of Marriott Orchids. He had high expectations from this cross. He would only sell me one seedling at it was one of the leaders in the compot. It was also bought at a premium. As you can see you don't always get what you pay for. Now, please don't misunderstand that statment. Some of the others from that cross may have come out wonderful. It's just that this one did not.

758PaphViaMuchosNinosFullMoonxPorce.jpg

Next is a freckles cross. Here we are looking for a pink. This plant has lots of vigor. It has two more mature growths. One of which is in bud.

PaphFrecklesxTangold.jpg

The final photo as you can see turned out nice and full. This is the second blooming for this plant.

PaphMalibuLight.jpg

Last edited:
Great color on all three.

Bob, do you think it's possible the second blooming will be more satisfactory? I've seen such variation in how these complex Paphs bloom that I'm not sure one can always say one is a dud or another is great from one blooming.

Yes, we don't always get what we pay for, we may be disappointed this time but may be very happy next time.:)

Well, Winston Churchill "Indomitable" is supposed to be a great parent...but I think most of the seedlings I got from its parentage were unimpressive. In fact, one of the ugliest complex crosses I have bloomed was a WC"I" cross...it was huge...with a square dorsal and floppy petals...and dull colors as well. Take care, Eric

Latest posts

Back