Chicagoland Orchid Festival Thread

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our first stop today was at Natt's

This is The owner of Natt's, Prayool Inboriboon. I hope I spelled it right! He and his family are wonderful people and I always enjoy coming here.
926Prayool.jpg

While at Natt's, I ran into forum member, Jim Blanford, aka, jblanford. This is the second year Jim and I have seen each other at Natt's. I hope it becomes an annual event.
926JimBlanford.jpg

While the emphasis of this thread is on people, I had to shoot a few plant shots.

Paph Hsingying Agogo
926PaphHsingyingAgogo.jpg

Paph sukhakulii
926Paphsukhakulii.jpg

Cir. Elizabeth Ann 'Buckleberry' FCC/AOS
926CirElizabethAnnBuckleberry.jpg

We then spent the afternoon at Oak Hill, where the first person to greet us was Rose M.,aka, goldenrose, with a couple of new acquisitions.
926Rose.jpg

Hermann Pigors of Oak Hill
926HermannPigors.jpg

Guest vendor Eric Michel
926EricMichel.jpg

Guest vendor Harry from Andy's
926HarryfromAndys.jpg

My apologies for the lack of photos and some of the blurry ones. I was in a great hurry to shop.:evil:

Finally, my haul

Natt's:
top, left to right: Dend tobaense, Paph Hsinying Agogo, Paph (helenae x Pacific Shamrock), Masd Morning Glory

bottom, left to right: Cirr. Elizabeth Ann 'Buckleberry' FCC/AOS, Paph sukhakulii, Paph Michael Tibbs, Paph charlesworthii
926MyhaulNatts.jpg

Oak Hill:
Not in order: Paph Aladin, 2 mini Paph spicerianums in bud(one with about a 5-6 inch leaf span, the other a 3-4 inch leaf span), an assortment of seedlings, including a remake of St. Ouen's Bay, Paph Fair Hunter, and Paph (Skip the Buss x fairrieanum).
926MyhaulOakHill.jpg

More tomorrow

hey, reading these last few posts gave me a thought- how about those of us who are slippertalk members wear a nametag when we go to orchid events, that say something like 'slippertalk - cnycharles' or similar. I wouldn't know if a member came to our show or if I were somewhere else that others weren't slippertalk members... might be surprised who we know that we don't recognize without a nametag...

nice play-by-play on the orchid trip! I certainly wouldn't want to step in front of 42 orchid crazy people bent on purchases, even if I were a texas ranger with a colt 45!

hey, reading these last few posts gave me a thought- how about those of us who are slippertalk members wear a nametag when we go to orchid events, that say something like 'slippertalk - cnycharles' or similar. I wouldn't know if a member came to our show or if I were somewhere else that others weren't slippertalk members... might be surprised who we know that we don't recognize without a nametag...

nice play-by-play on the orchid trip! I certainly wouldn't want to step in front of 42 orchid crazy people bent on purchases, even if I were a texas ranger with a colt 45!

Maybe something could be added to the fundraiser section of Cafe Press. Even some inexpensive pin would do the trick. It would be fun to run into fellow members. I could see it now, standing side by side at a table, you look over and see a familiar pin and you try to guess which member you are talking to. I would love it.

groovy!
thanks for the neat photos!

I wasn't going to buy a fairrieanum, but then I saw this one with wider than normal leaves,...

um... why buy it because of wider than normal leaves? would that infer big flowers or maybe a shape thing?

That's more like it Ross.Thanx for sharing. I was removing an old hose from a backhoe yesterday, slipped off the wrench, fell and landed on my back on some small tree stumps! OUCH!!! No tournament today for me, I should have gone to Chicagoland! :(

Last edited:
I'm enjoying your fun Ross and company! Keep the pics and stories coming!

(Let's see pics Rose)

At your request ......
here's what Ross brought me-
Paph. Varvara (fairrieanum x Claire de Lune), a div. of a W.Sinkler plant. I love the bold spots & the fairrie charm!
morepaphs008.jpg

and I just had to have a Little Troubles!
morepaphs009.jpg

That's more like it Ross.Thanx for sharing. I was removing an old hose from a backhoe yesterday, slipped off the wrench, feel and landed on my back on some small tree stumps! OUCH!!! No tournament today for me, I should have gone to Chicagoland! :(
Excuses, excuses! :p

Latest posts

Back