charlesworthii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how does it measure up to other chucks? the color and form alone make it a special plant in my eyes.

It's the 'G' x 'Bear' cross that everyone has.
Most of the recently awarded charlesworthii are in the 8-9 cm range with 2cm+ petals and a 7+ cm dorsal with no white patch or notches at the top of it. So, this one falls slightly short (though it does mop the floor with a 2008 HCC, in my opinion). Still, it may be useful for breeding.

It's the 'G' x 'Bear' cross that everyone has.
Most of the recently awarded charlesworthii are in the 8-9 cm range with 2cm+ petals and a 7+ cm dorsal with no white patch or notches at the top of it. So, this one falls slightly short (though it does mop the floor with a 2008 HCC, in my opinion). Still, it may be useful for breeding.

You say this now but it is it's first blooming. No one knows what the future will hold.

20150922_105337.jpg
Welp, it's been 6 weeks and although the color has faded somewhat over time, the dorsal never did any reflexing. Interestingly, it actually covers an arc of more than 180°. I'm tempted to put some pollen on it!

Latest posts

Back