• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Cattleya seedlings wanted

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmella.carey

Reaction score
Dose anyone know a good place to get affordable cattleya spices seedlings/meri-clones in the US ?
-Patrick

Ebay is a good source to bid on catts. Just beware of ones with poor ratings.

There's also Chadwicks, Orchids Limited, Gold Country, Fuchs Orchids, Springwater, and Krull-Smith. Also Olompa Orchids and Diamond Orchids. I like and recommend Miranda Orchids because they do great cattleya species hybridization esp 4n and rare peloric forms.

Both Tamiami and Redlands are great bargain shopping too. There you can access the foreign international vendors like Tenshin Orchids and Orquidevalle.

I agree, e-bay is a very good place to look for Cattleya species. Just as a word of caution, check frequently, I check once a week myself. I saw a Cattleya intermedia appear, 6” pot, twenty plus growths, and it really looked good! I jumped all over it and I plan on dividing it into three or four plants when the time is right Carmella Carey.
But be careful, so much of what is available are very small seedlings, maybe right out of compots. I tried a few of those and they quickly died. Perhaps the shock of going from a compot, to a pot, and being shipped is just too much.
But if you know your stuff, there are some good bargains to be found.
Otherwise Miranda, Gold Country and SVO along with Krull-Smith are good places too!!

I would second Eros, especially if you catch them at a show. Hands down the best grown 2-3 inch pots I’ve seen, the root quality blew me away. I recall walking down his stall isle and dumping multiple in my cart, many between $10-20.

Thanks all! I've placed an order for some species and hybrids from Orchids by Hauserman. And I'm looking at H & R's list.
What do you all think about Ecuaganera? There going to be at our spring show.
-Patrick

I have had problems in the past with Ecuagenera. That has kept me away. I bought a few things at Redlands Orchid Fest from them and at the Tamiami Festival while I was in Florida. Maybe from 2010 through 2017. My problems were things were wrapped up in either tinfoil or plastic wrap. Sphagnum moss was in the center. What was missing were roots!!
Now that they have a facility in the states, maybe it is better. Just had to reply honestly about my experiences with them.

I have had problems in the past with Ecuagenera. That has kept me away. I bought a few things at Redlands Orchid Fest from them and at the Tamiami Festival while I was in Florida. Maybe from 2010 through 2017. My problems were things were wrapped up in either tinfoil or plastic wrap. Sphagnum moss was in the center. What was missing were roots!!
Now that they have a facility in the states, maybe it is better. Just had to reply honestly about my experiences with them.
I’ve also had issues with them, actually sold me divisions of choice species which I brought home to be tested for virus, as I do with all divisions. They both tested positive for one or the other Agdia test kits. I wrote them and they corrected the issue.. however, I still see these clones available on their website and wonder.

I’ve also had issues with them, actually sold me divisions of choice species which I brought home to be tested for virus, as I do with all divisions. They both tested positive for one or the other Agdia test kits. I wrote them and they corrected the issue.. however, I still see these clones available on their website and wonder.
I don't worry about virus because I have a mostly historical hybrid & spices collection and almost everything is virused. The only time I would toss a plant is if it won't grow well do to virus or color break/deformity and if the plant is of great historical value it will be selfed and grown from dry seed and the original will be kept.

Latest posts

Back