Cattleya schroederae 'SVO'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The species was named for Baroness Schroeder, so it was always thought to be feminine in appearance. Istvan, my only schroederae is darker than yours, but the color in the proximal labellum (?mango) is distinctive. My lateral sepals also reflex completely out of view from the front and the dorsal sepal also gets a twirl at the top like yours. There aren't too many posts about schroederae so I am going to put a picture of my version in here.

IMG_1848.jpeg

The species was named for Baroness Schroeder, so it was always thought to be feminine in appearance. Istvan, my only schroederae is darker than yours, but the color in the proximal labellum (?mango) is distinctive. My lateral sepals also reflex completely out of view from the front and the dorsal sepal also gets a twirl at the top like yours. There aren't too many posts about schroederae so I am going to put a picture of my version in here.

View attachment 33476
Very good schroederae!!!👍👍👍

Since we are exchanging and sharing on this wonderful species… I just wanted to show a new schroederae division I just recently acquired in Brazil from a private grower. Good shape and interesting color.
They're all stunning. Do they possibly have the same scent?

I think the dorsal of schroederae characteristically twirls. What I notice about Leslie’s plant is that the lateral sepals are not reflexes out of view. The distinctive color in the proximal labellum is what would let me have a guess at what species it is.

I think the dorsal of schroederae characteristically twirls. What I notice about Leslie’s plant is that the lateral sepals are not reflexes out of view. The distinctive color in the proximal labellum is what would let me have a guess at what species it is.
Correct. I also find that schroederae has a very distinctive fragrance. Sometimes they overlap with trianae season and hard to differentiate with the concolor trianaes. I find the fragrance is another way to tell.

Latest posts

Back