• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Sunset Valley Orchids has updated their paph list.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was odd that I never got an email about this spring release. I noticed the update on Monday, only because I've been checking the site regularly since I knew there was going to be a big Cymbidium release this year.

Granted, most of the Cymbs weren't things I was interested in. However, there were way too many temptations in the Paph selection. It took every bit of restraint I had not to go overboard.

I got some of the Paph. wilheminae seedlings. I'm really hoping I can grow them. I tried this species about 20+ years ago and it did alright for awhile, but then I managed to piss it off and kill it. The ones from SVO have different looking foliage from the one I grew before, much wider but shorter leaves. Of course they are seedlings so the leaves may not stay as short as they continue to grow and mature.

It was odd that I never got an email about this spring release. I noticed the update on Monday, only because I've been checking the site regularly since I knew there was going to be a big Cymbidium release this year.

Granted, most of the Cymbs weren't things I was interested in. However, there were way too many temptations in the Paph selection. It took every bit of restraint I had not to go overboard.

I got some of the Paph. wilheminae seedlings. I'm really hoping I can grow them. I tried this species about 20+ years ago and it did alright for awhile, but then I managed to piss it off and kill it. The ones from SVO have different looking foliage from the one I grew before, much wider but shorter leaves. Of course they are seedlings so the leaves may not stay as short as they continue to grow and mature.

The wilhelminae 'Milan' x self cross is nice! I purchased one in bloom not long ago. It has great color and with 3 flowers on its first spike.

IMG_0214.jpeg

Back