Cattleya Loddiaca - Help!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoyo_Jo

Catt's Meow
Reaction score
Cattleya Loddiaca (C. aurantiaca x C. loddigesii)

I bought this about three months ago from Paramount.

Here's the whole plant:
IMG_1509.jpg

And here's the problem:
IMG_1523.jpg

The leaves with the problem emerged after I brought the orchid home; there is no sign of the brown spots anywhere else on the plant. I don't have any other orchids in my collection with these brown spots.

I was planning to remove the new growth that has the brown spots because they look very nasty to me, but thought I'd post this first to see if anyone else has a better idea? Thanks in advance.

could be response to cold damage. Was it exposed to cold at all? I would wait before removing the new growth. See if the spots continue to spread.
Peter T.

Hello,
It seems to be Cercospora (fungal attack). The plant needs to be treated with a fungicide (either a spray or a soak)

I see (saw) this in my grow area as well, on several different types of orchids. I've improved my lighting a bit and I've become more neglectful in my watering practices (also increased air movement). My Bulbophyllum lobbii has this spotting on almost every growth but it lessened with changes to my growing conditions (although I probably just have it too cool).

Shaun

Back