Cattl. luedd. s/a "Cerro Verde"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice Istvan, gorgeous in fact Sir!!! 💕❤️🥰
I need help because my 🧠 froze up again on me! I need a translation please. Cerro Verde? Isn’t verde “green”?

Cerro Verde is the name of the Venezuelan nursery that was the leading edge of lueddemaniana breeding lines.

In fact today most of the best lueddemanianas can trace their provenance to this nursery. The man behind this is my good friend and mentor Armando Mantellini who is now retired in Florida in his 90’s.

There is a story with this plant … perhaps another time 😉.

Cerro Verde is the name of the Venezuelan nursery that was the leading edge of lueddemaniana breeding lines.
In fact today most of the best lueddemanianas can trace their provenance to this nursery. The man behind this is my good friend and mentor Armando Mantellini who is now retired in Florida in his 90’s.
Maybe the name of this nursery comes from the volcan's name ? To make it complete there is also a Peruvian mining company named Cerro Verde ... but this doesn't be of relevance here, I think.

Thank you, Leslie. What is your opinion? Is this Carmen or straight sp?

His daughter Maria still sells some of these plants out of Miami. I picked up a very nice division of mossiae from her back in 2021, and still receive their availability lists.

https://www.orquiverde.com/

Latest posts

Back