Catasetum Extravaganza

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamD

Catasetinae Crazed
Reaction score
(Karen Armstrong x Louise Clarke)

So... I bought this as a different cross, but there was a mix up. I'm not a huge fan of mini-ctsms. But, I have to admit, they have been growing on me. If I had to pick a mini cross to get, it would have been this one anyways.

Oh, and of course, female flowers. As has been the case all year. It's starting to get frustrating. That's how I found out this cross was wrong. It was bought as a Fdk. Then pop out two female ctsm buds... So I emailed Fred and he told me about the mix up. Oh well. I bet the male flowers will be nice. Wish I could have seen them before the females, I might have wanted to cross it with something. Maybe next time.

Do FDK make perfect flowers??

I have a mini catasetum in bud. can't wait to see.
They are good sized, so I am thinking of getting some more although I love big Catasetums. just too big. lol

Yes, Fdk make perfect flowers thanks in large part to the clowesia genes, and in lesser part to the mormodes genes. Mormodes make perfect flowers, but they tend to lean more male or more female.

I am a fan of the big catasetums, too. I realize that smaller plants mean more plants, but the big ones are just so showy. One thing denticulatum offspring has going for it though is intense color and spotting. Like I said, they're growing on me

Latest posts

Back